
Getty Images SHARE
Others include Olivier Rousteing - the creative director at Balmain, and British designer Ozwald Boateng who led Givenchy men's wear from 2003 to 2007.
If you didn't know Virgil Abloh's name by now, you most certainly will soon.
Virgil Abloh is to take over at Louis Vuitton, the brand said on March 26, 2018, in a dramatic shake-up at the top of men's fashion. "His sensibility towards luxury and savoir-faire will be instrumental in taking Louis Vuitton's menswear into the future" said Michael Burke, Louis Vuitton's chairman & CEO, in an official announcement.
Abloh and his Off-White brand are a global force in the streetwear scene but before that the American designer rose to prominence as Kanye West's creative director.
Aguero: "I will return to my home at Independiente" in 2020
The 29-year has become a legendary figure at City having played a big role at the club lifting the league titles in 2012 and 2014. The 29-year-old has remained in Manchester with his global team-mates having left their base in England to travel to Spain.
SC refers polygamy, nikah halala matter to constitution bench
One of the petitioners in this case said that she had been a victim of polygamy. The court also sought responses from the Law Commission and the Centre.
Sensex flat with negative bias; Nifty struggles below 10000
The broader indices Nifty Mid-cap and Small-cap slipped 1.46% and 2.17%, respectively. The brokers said Fears of a full-blown trade war dampened investor sentiment here.
Abloh will present his first menswear collection for Louis Vuitton in June at Paris Fashion Week.
Fashion insiders have long had Abloh on their radar. Nearly frenetic with his design collaborations, Abloh has teamed with a broad spectrum of brands, from Ikea and Byredo to Jimmy Choo, Warby Parker, Moncler, Umbro and Sunglass Hut.
Whilst Abloh's arrival at Louis Vuitton had been rumoured in recent months, it's the stellar legacy that he takes over from predecessor Kim Jones that will be the most interesting development.
'For the last eight to 10 years we've been having this conversation about what's new, and for me, that has to do with making luxury relatable across generations, ' Abloh told The New York Times. My muse has always been what people actually wear, and I am really excited to make a luxury version of that'.
Recommended News
-
Zuma's R1 million bribe to keep minister
This comes after a report by City Press said that Zuma was involved in a R1 million cash bribe from a Western Cape abalone dealer. Congress of South African Trade Unions president Sdumo Dlamini has also been implicated but has strongly denied any wrongdoing.Fabregas: Messi with Spain? 'Would have been phenomenal, maybe more titles'
But he was back amongst it on Sunday as the Argentina squad were put through their paces at Real Madrid 's training base. Buffon, winning his 176th cap, was quickly called into action as di Maria tested the 40-year-old with a low strike.'IGP misquoted on release of last Dapchi schoolgirl'
Interesting post? Please share! "It is a sort of understanding that we don't create much security (anxiety) there. But in a backtrack on Sunday, Moshood said the IGP was misunderstood. -
Students lead rallies for gun control in US
The March For Our Lives organizers' estimate attendance in D.C.to be around 850,000 people-well exceeding expectations. It was a great crowd to be a part of", she added. "I'm more so scared for my son than myself", Kelly said.Facebook's been collecting your call and text logs for years
The ad, printed in clear type over Zuckerberg's signature, begins: "We have a responsibibility to protect your information". Facebook also says it is possible to turn off the setting that syncs a person's call and text history.Jenkins: President has been clear on DACA, border wall
A contrast of what other government officials have said. "But we think that we got many of our priorities funded". Most lawmakers have already left Washington for a two week recess. -
United States firm increases cash offer for GKN's automotive business
American manufacturer Dana has increased its offer to combine with Redditch-based GKN's driveline division by $140m (£100m). Analysts predict the deal will go down to the wire. "I welcome Dana's announcement today".Titans top Draughn, fall to Alexander Central
In a 5-all game in the top of the seventh, Brandon Pieto was hit by a pitch and Alex Dale came in as a courtesy runner. Hughes fired five innings of two-hit ball Friday in the first game of the Four Rivers Spring Classic to help St.NYC firefighter dies after 5-alarm fire at Harlem movie set
He leaves behind a wife, Eileen, and four children, three daughters aged 7, 3, and 1, along with a 6-year-old son. Neighborhood resident Daquan Evans, 28, told the New York Post he saw Norton at the scene, and he looked shaken. -
Huawei P20, P20 Pro full specifications leaked a day ahead of launch
The handset will sport a 5.8-inch LCD display instead of an OLED display that will come with the Pro model. Alleged leaked specs have also given an insight into the specs of the P20 Pro's three rear cameras.Oppo F7 With 25MP Front Camera To Be Launched In India Today
The AI board is said to notify the users of their upcoming plans such as a flight or a movie and remind them of that. While the 64 GB variant of the OPPO F7 is priced at Rs 21,990, the 128 GB variant is priced at Rs 26,990.Thomas Lemar hopes Liverpool and Arsenal return in summer
From those 43 chances, the Frenchman has made seven assists in 22 appearances, while adding another two goals of his own. I've kept working so that these clubs come back during the next transfer window.