Facebook plans to let users 'unsend' messages, just like Zuckerberg

To prevent sustained backlash, Facebook quickly announced that an "unsend" feature would roll out to all the users in the next several months.

According to Facebook, they are telling news websites that they are planning to launch an "unsend" feature, one which will be available not just to Zuckerberg but also to all other Facebook users.

The list of protesters continues to grow as Facebook chief executive officer Mark Zuckerberg prepares to testify to USA lawmakers next week. Facebook's subsidiary and instant messaging platform WhatsApp rolled out a similar feature called "Delete for everyone" in November 2017.

The EU and Facebook will be looking at what changes the social media giant needs to make to better protect users and how the USA company must adapt to new EU data protection rules. Facebook said that Zuckerberg and the other executives would not use it until everyone else could.The end-to-end encrypted setting of Messenger even already has the ability to set messages to delete after a stipulated amount of time. "This may take some time", a Facebook spokeswoman wrote in an email on Friday. Facebook said the feature was developed after the Sony Corp. data hack in 2014, which exposed a trove of sensitive internal communications. These included limiting the retention period for Mark's messages in Messenger. It also neglected to inform the recipients why Zuckerberg's messages were permanently deleted from their inboxes.

Barrick Gold (ABX) Director Acquires C$154100.00 in Stock
Eight equities research analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and one has assigned a buy rating to the company. The basic materials company reported $0.22 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.20 by $0.02.

'Unsatisfactory': Britain and Russia Trade Charges in Poisoning Case
Both Sergei and Yulia Skripal remain hospitalized but are recovering. We will of course consider their request and respond in due course'.

Kelly threatened to quit last month after Trump bustup, report says
However, a top Trump administration official told Axios Kelly's resignation comment as a "threat" was "probably too strong". But there are also reports that Donald Trump is growing more and more exhausted of Kelly's control in the White House.

The #DeleteFacebook craze doesn't appear to be going away if you look through the scores of celebrities and notable users whose profiles have vanished.

Earlier this week, Facebook Chief Technology Officer Mike Schroepfer, in a blog post, gave country-specific break-up of people affected by the data breach, saying information of up to 87 million people, mostly in the United States, may have been "improperly" shared with Cambridge Analytica via a quiz app, "thisisyourdigitallife", between November 2013 and December 2015.

Zuckerberg's upcoming testimony comes after senior Facebook officials failed to answer questions during a private meeting with congressional staffers about how the company and third-party software developers use and protect consumer data. "We should have done this sooner - and we're sorry that we did not", the representative offered as an apology.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.