Antonio Conte takes Chelsea training amid uncertain club future

Antonio Conte takes Chelsea training amid uncertain club future

Antonio Conte takes Chelsea training amid uncertain club future

Former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri has always been tipped as Conte's successor, but talks between the two clubs are understood to have reached an impasse as they look to agree on a compensation package.

Meanwhile, the west London giants have begun pre-season training without the involvement of current boss Antonio Conte and this appears to give a clear indication that the 48-year-old should end his association with the club in the coming days.

However, Conte has already arrived at Chelsea in order for the club's pre-season campaign with their first game on July 23 in Australia.

With Moses yet to return in full with the club, despite already getting back to London from the World Cup in Russian Federation, he was not available when The Blues commenced their pre-season drills on Saturday.

Harvard Researchers Make Headway On HIV Vaccine
A second round of trials is now taking place on a group of 2,600 women in sub-Saharan Africa who are at risk of contracting HIV . It's one of only five experimental HIV-1 vaccine concepts that have gotten this far during the 35 years of the HIV pandemic.

Russian Federation coach not getting carried away despite calls of support from Putin
The summit, if successful, could boost the likelihood of sanctions de-escalation, Citigroup said in a research note. The US envoy argued that the meeting between the two leaders is a deliverable in itself.

Canadian breastfeeding advocates alarmed by US opposition to United Nations resolution
A spokesperson for HHS told the Times , "We recognize not all women are able to breast-feed for a variety of reasons". The State Department declined to respond to questions, saying it could not discuss private diplomatic conversations.

Conte is refusing to walk away from his job unless Chelsea agree to pay up the final year of his deal - believed to be worth in the region of £9 million - in full and compensate his backroom staff.

Conte won the Premier League in his first season at the club in 2017, followed by the FA Cup in May of this year.

So far no signings have been made, and allowing the uncertainty surrounding their coaching situation to drag on any longer could seriously jeopardise Chelsea's preseason preparations regardless of who is in charge.

According to a report from Italian outlet Tuttosport (via Football Italia), the club now want €20m in compensation from Chelsea before they let Sarri depart for the Premier League.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.