Man dies after eating raw oyster, Florida Health said

Man dies after eating raw oyster, Florida Health said

Man dies after eating raw oyster, Florida Health said

Florida health officials say a man in Sarasota has died from a bacterial infection after eating a bad oyster.

The bacteria, officially called vibrio vulnificus, is rare and naturally occurring in warm, brackish seawater, according to the Florida Department of Health.

The man died on July 10 after eating at an unidentified restaurant in Sarasota County, according to the Florida Department of Health.

The restaurant where the oyster was served was not immediately identified.

President Trump took Russia's side against his own country
He added that he thinks he's been tougher on Russian Federation and its president, Vladimir Putin, than any other USA president. An exchange between President Trump and a reporter Wednesday during a Cabinet meeting has sparked confusion about where Mr.

Trump stresses Israel's security in talks with Putin
But the talks faltered, triggering the overnight onslaught and a new wave of displacement, with hundreds leaving the town again. They usually follow ferocious military campaigns and sometimes stifling sieges that effectively force rebels to surrender.

Rick Zamperin: 2018 MLB All-Star home run derby lacked star power
In his 30 seconds of extra time - earned because he hit at least one ball at least 440 feet - Harper won it on his second swing. Unless you're a die-hard fan of one of the eight players or the seven teams they represented, you - like me - didn't care.

Vibrio illness symptoms may include diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, chills, fever, shock, skin lesions and breakdown and wound infections.

The department's website says it is the third fatal case of Vibrio in Florida this year. Instead they should ensure that their shellfish are cooked thoroughly.

Anyone with a weak immune system is advised to wear sandals or flip flops when entering the water to lower the risk of getting cut or scraped by seashells. Individuals who exhibit symptoms after entering the water with open wounds or after eating raw shellfish are urged to see their doctor. "That can progress to a severe illness where you get the bacteria into your blood causing you to be more sick", Said Drennon.

Infections are more likely between May and October when the water is warmer. Health officials, however, said this label is misleading since the bacteria do not attack healthy skin. The county, according to the department, didn't have any cases or deaths in 2017, and three confirmed cases and one death in 2016. But it's very rare; the CDC estimates are that there are about 205 cases in the United States every year. Manatee County has had one case of flesh eating bacteria so far in 2018, but no fatalities. In 2018, there have been less than five cases reported in Florida, 10Investigates found.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.